Lady Readalot’s Library

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

So Sorry

Oh my gosh, I'm really sorry about not posting last week about my favorite authors. I'm still so new to this that it hasn't become part of my actual routine yet. I actually haven't been on my own computer in almost a week!!

So let me think, there are so many authors that I love and would love for you to try out. I think the easiest way would be to make a quick list:

Suzanne Collins - she wrote The Underland Chronicles and The Hunger Games Trilogy (the final book is coming out in August). Her writing is action and science fiction. I have a hard time putting down her books because I get so engrossed in them.

Wendy Mass - she has written A Mango-Shaped Space, Every Soul A Star, Finally, and 11 Birthdays just to name a few. I always look forward to a new book from Wendy Mass, her characters are always so endearing.

Kate Dicamillo - she has written The Tale of Despereaux, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, and the Mercy Watson series. These are just a few. My girls love the Mercy Watson series. It is about a pig who loves hot buttered toast and her adventures. My personal favorite is Despereaux; it won the Newbery Award and was made into a movie.

Brandon Mull - he has written the Fablehaven series which has five books and The Candy Shop War. His books have adventure, magic, mythical creatures. They are amazing!! A friend at school also read them and we have quoted from them many times.

Ingrid Law - she has written Savvy which won the Newbery Honor last year. She is also coming out with a companion book called Scumble in August. I read this book to my students early on in the school year and they loved it!!

Rick Riordan - I have mentioned him in previous posts. I am still reading his most recent book, The Red Pyramid. I have about 100 pages left, so I hope to write about it later on in the week. He has also written the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I had the first three books of this series for a long time before I picked them up to read. Once I did read them I had to finish the series.

There are more, but I think that is all for now.
Happy Reading!!!

2 comments:

Simply Sarah said...

I dont think I have read anything from these authors but definitely need to check them out. I will read almost anything and usually (trying to think if I never) finish a book no matter how boring or slow. I even read Galapagos (sp) and that was the weirdest slow moving book ever...

I mostly like murder/mystery & action and a good romance book. Thanks to other awesome readers (some who you should check out) I have tried new stuff, like Charlaine Harris and her Sookie Stackhouse series (the HBO show TruBlood is based on those books). I love Dick Francis books, love the old North & South series, Dean Koontz, James Patterson, Jody Picoult (almost all those make me cry), and I even like true crime books by Ann Rule. Adding all these authors to my Amazon list to download to my Kindle!!

Anjuli Fry said...

Thank you for this list...I love finding new authors or hearing about other books the authors have written. I have read both of Suzanne Collin's the Hunger Games and cannot wait for the next one but it will be fun to read some others by here this summer while I am waiting. Also the new one by Rick Riorden I hadn't heard of, so that will be added to my list to read. So I thought I commented on your last post but I guess it didn't go through!! Just so you know I found you through your husbands blog and can't wait to hear more of your thoughts on books. You read books similar to me and I love to hear others thoughts and new ideas!!!

Post a Comment